Senior Operative - Process
Through a well-managed team, the post holder will be responsible for assisting the Process Supervisor in managing the planning, co-ordination and control of all resources associated with the Packing Area to enable their lines to pack coffee products in accordance with the planned schedule whilst ensuring a safe operation, meeting quality standards and controlling costs and wastage. Ensuring the Process operation adds value for customers, employees and the Company.
Motivate, manage, train and develop team workers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• To ensure adherence to all Health and Safety policies adopted by FFI. Liaising with the Health and Safety Committee to monitor and develop procedures to ensure that the Company has the appropriate structures, systems and processes in place to meet its statutory Health and Safety responsibilities.
• To maintain excellent GMP standards at all times in the Process Area, delivering quality standards required of customers and external audits, for example BRC.
• To ensure 100% compliance with the product specification to deliver product within agreed quality parameters
• To manage and control the data collection systems and monitoring processes, ensuring that all documentation and communication is processed and delivered to the cross functional departments, as required on a timely and regular basis.
• To motivate, manage, train and develop team workers. To help identify training and development needs, liaising with the ‘Assessors’ to ensure an effective, multi-skilled and engaged workforce.
• To ensure the Process area runs at optimal output in accordance to production plans, whilst spotting opportunities for continuous improvement.
• To ensure set KPI’s are met with the resources at your disposal and report reasons when not met.
• To help manage and control costs, yields and giveaway within the Process Department.
GCSE Maths & English grade A-C, or equivalent
Fork Lift Truck Licence desirable (willing to train)
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
To carry out any other duties that may be required which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and its grading. This may include covering for the Process Supervisor and also Packing Senior Operatives.