UK Quality Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure that products supplied by FFI are safe, legal and meet the customer’s requirements
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The point of contact for the customer technical representative (major retailers / food service / B2B) – we function as a central technical function covering several sites.
Technical resource to the National Account Managers
Attend customer visits of supplying sites (approval/ 1st prod / general) and co-ordinate the response to any actions arising from visit.
Involved in new products, including;
Completing customer specifications on various on line systems in required style/format.
Ensuring artwork is legal and conforms to customer policy and design requirements.
Be aware of customer’s policies & procedures and technical requirements (i.e. routine product review, 1st prod. procedures, KPI’s).
The day to day maintenance of the consumer complaint system and the coordination of subsequent investigations.
Issue of Consumer Complaint Trends
Ensure all factories have the relevant accreditation (BRC, Organic) and maintain a “library” of certificates and reports/non conformances.
Co-ordinate the sharing of Ethical / CSR information from sites to customers.
General administration / filing as required.
Internal Working Relationships
The work of the Food Technologist will demand comprehensive partnership on a day-to-day basis with the Food technologist, UK Technical Manager and National Account Managers. There will be the need to communicate, understand and support the daily demands of the Technical and Quality Assurance system. Therefore it is imperative that a strong and healthy working relationship is built and maintained. Other working relationships will involve all members of the QA team including the Technical Manager. The Factory Manager, Production Manager, and individuals working within the production and process areas. Members of the HR department and any other member of staff who may need to liaise with the Food Technologist.
External Working Relationships
There will be the need to work with:
- Customers (UK major retailers / wholesalers / B2B / Out of Home) – mainly technologists, packaging coordinators & buyers
- Manufacturing Sites – mainly quality & production
- Suppliers, Contractors, Consultants and any other third party agencies when necessary.
People Management Responsibilities
- Adhere to the performance management system
- Recruit and manage individuals effectively to create a high performing team *
- Provide leadership, direction and feedback on team and individual objectives *
- Facilitate training and the development of an appropriate skills base within the team *
- Encourage personal development and help others to learn
- Foster two way communication and effective team-working
Responsible to and deputise for:
UK Technical Manager
To carry out any other duties that may be required which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and its grading.
- Promote and demonstrate commitment to FFI’s values, behaviours and corporate objectives, including the CSR policy
- Demonstrate a commitment to (and promote) equality and diversity ensuring FFI is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
- Manage self and others in accordance with FFI policies and procedures
- Contribute to cross disciplinary activity, where appropriate
- Participate actively in cross-functional Committees/Focus Groups, as required
Health and Safety
The post holder will be responsible for health and safety in the area under his/her control on a day-to-day basis, and must ensure as far as is reasonably practicable, that he/she is familiar with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and recommendations and these are observed within his/her areas of responsibility. Attention is drawn particularly to the existence of the Company’s policy statement on Health and Safety at Work. Any accident in the post holder’s area must be recorded in the accident book.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties may vary form time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot of themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.